View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:17 AM   #16
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "Super Bowl Sunday: Scientifically Crafted Mass Mental Illness"

If they glamorized and advertized opera with the exact same methods that they do football, then the masses would be huddled around their TV's every Super Vocal Sunday watching opera.
If they sold ballet dancing with sex, drugs, and other tempations the way they do murder music in the US then the masses would be wearing pink tutus rather then baseball caps.
This has been proven in other cult-ures. Americans like football cuz its what they are fed. Canadians prefer Hockey cuz its what they are fed. Italy prefers soccer cuz its what they are fed. Australia cricket? France Opera? India yoga? China martial arts? We can also go back in time and see all sorts of different sports or events that were big cuz... its what they were fed. These are of course generalizations but I hope it makes the point.

And I think that is the point of the article. They can make people buy into anything they want to using perfected manipulation techniques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instead View Post
Wow Zeddo, I woke up this morning and read the last few pages of "Becoming" from the Handbook for the New Paradigm series, added more spiritual growth MP3's to my Zune and now I'm reading the Avalon forum while watching the SB with my daughter and doing push-ups with her each time a team scores. (Up to 95. whew)

I'm in jeans and a dress shirt (No team jersey) and I'm not drinking anything alcoholic.

Tell me more about the person I am because I am watching the Superbowl?
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote