View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:07 AM   #13
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: "Super Bowl Sunday: Scientifically Crafted Mass Mental Illness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instead View Post
Wow Zeddo, I woke up this morning and read the last few pages of "Becoming" from the Handbook for the New Paradigm series, added more spiritual growth MP3's to my Zune and now I'm reading the Avalon forum while watching the SB with my daughter and doing push-ups with her each time a team scores. (Up to 95. whew)

I'm in jeans and a dress shirt (No team jersey) and I'm not drinking anything alcoholic.
Tell me more about the person I am because I am watching the Superbowl?
Ahhhh, it is quite the challenge to express our opposing opinions without insulting the "other side." Can it be done? I don't know. By leaving out the more descriptive and colorful adjectives, you can reduce the sting of a piece of written opinion. I often try to do it that way. The first impulse for some, and for me, is to add a bunch of colorful adjectives ... but then I read through a few times, and if I'm thinking about the "other side" I edit them out. I found the Zeddo reply to be colorfully humorous, but put myself in the shoes of a sports fan - and it's not ... unless for some reason it strikes your funny bone too.

How do we get along yet express our different selves?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote