View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #1336
judykott
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: X men - 5 Dollar Ft. long Subs-cryptionite

Perfumery because of the power it has over humans is one of the most ancient art forms, for healing or if repugnant ,repulsion. One of the most common cliches in movies is for someone to roll over in bed and the other person is not there so they smell the pillow. Many myths and legends exist in all countries of spells being cast with scent, part has to do with pheromones.

Fanning honeybee exposes Nasonov gland (white-at tip of abdomen) releasing pheromone to entice swarm into an empty hive

A pheromone (from Greek φέρω phero "to bear" + Hormone from Greek ὁρμή - "impetus") is a chemical signal that triggers a natural response in another member of the same species. There are alarm pheromones, food trail pheromones, sex pheromones, and many others that affect behavior or physiology. Their use among insects has been particularly well documented. In addition, some vertebrates and plants communicate by using pheromones.

Researchers discovered that women adjust their menstrual cycles when exposed to the scent of a male underarm.McClintock's study showed that women who lived together reported menstrual synchronization, and Russell's study provided a likely mechanism: underarm scent. Another possible interpretation of this study leads to the conclusion that there may be dominant women with regard to menstrual synchrony, a phenomenon observed in many animals.

Egyptian scene depicting the preparation of Lily perfume

Now with liquid crystal technology who knows what could be embedded. Many with small nano particles that can cross the blood brain barrier.The blood-brain barrier (BBB) is a metabolic or cellular structure in the central nervous system (CNS) that restricts the passage of various chemical substances and microscopic objects (e.g. bacteria) between the bloodstream and the neural tissue itself, while still allowing the passage of substances essential to metabolic function (e.g. oxygen).

The PTW use anything at there disposal to influence, scent is one of the most powerful ways to evoke emotion. Right now look how they use the food industry to invent chemicals they call "flavorings" or "enhancers" many which are highly addictive and harmful. What we see is the use of symbolism being used extensively to buy another material product, and to send the message that there is something wrong with you or the way you smell. Most perfume is very toxic I would not put them on my skin. I only wear ones I have formulated from natural products. aromatherapy is an ancient healing technique.

Libyan Jasper palette. In the centre, emblem depicting Amenofis I, Pharaoh of the XVIIIth. Dynasty, along with two -urechis-, or serpents, symbol of royalty.

judykott is offline   Reply With Quote