View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 PM   #12
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Jesus speaks today: Inner teachings from Jesus through one of his messengers

firefly...that was a beautiful post! This is what Christianity should be! I will read the letters...and comment on them.

14Chakras...what is the source of these letters? I just started reading them...and they seem to be represented as being the very words of Christ...and superceding just about everything else. This is a red-flag to me. I've been burned by some very believable inspired writers. I presently consider everything as being just one more source. This includes the Bible, Whistleblowers, Channelers, Gurus, Preachers, Teachers, Aliens, Spirits, etc, etc, etc. A careful and prayerful devotional study of the Red-Letter Teachings of Jesus is a good place to begin a spiritual quest...but the Christlike Holy Spirit Within All Persons...has veto-power over every other source and authority...to me at least.

I found this to be quite interesting '© No part of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without permission from Christ's Way. If wishing to quote from CHRIST'S LETTERS in any form, please first gain written permission from Christ's Way.' I also found the reference to Saturday Sabbath fascinating. I've been there and done that. Every day should be a Sabbath Day. A set-aside special day of rest...with no work permitted...is a remnant of Jewish separatism. One more way to tell the world that they were 'God's Chosen People'...a 'Master Race'...if you will. Finally...the thought that we bring evil upon ourselves because of our consciousness is ludicrous. Bad things happen. Period. No matter how elevated and pristine your consciousness is. The author sounds like an Ex-Adventist New-Ager with a Messiah Complex. Sorry for the negativity...but I'm trying to call things as I see them...right or wrong. I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. I'm presently disillusioned with just about everyone and everything...including myself.

How about the careful exegesis and tactful homiletic application of the Red-Letter Teachings of Jesus using the accepted norms of grammatical historical hermenutics?

Namaste.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 11-07-2009 at 12:18 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote