Thread: What Is Money?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default What Is Money?

Ok, this is the result of some scut work I did for myself, and I thought I'd share it.

Do you always get that 1000-mile stare look whenever things financial are discussed?
  • What are the real differences between "Fiat Currency" and either gold, or commodity backed stuff?
  • Fractional Reserve banking... whassat mean?
  • You know you/we all are getting robbed blind, but just how are they doing it?
  • When you see talking heads on TV, and you just know they're talking in circles, want to have a good handle on catching their lies?
  • Want a reference against which to measure the truth of someone claiming to "fix" things? [See Part 9]

Well if you haven't heard of him yet, then have a look at the series Gary North has been writing over the last 5 weeks.

I have learned a lot from reading this man, because he is intelligent, AND plain spoken. He clearly explains how sound money policy makes things hum right, and how what we have instead has brought us to the brink. I find he's a "No BS" guy. AND he even describes what it will take to get back on track.

So here is Gary North's series, to date, and a small intro from the 1st installment, below:
1. The experts do not know horse apples from apple butter about monetary theory.
2. Monetary theory should be an integrated part of a general economic theory of how the world works.
3. Whenever an economic theory of how the world works makes an exception for monetary theory, the proposed monetary theory is incorrect, or the general theory is incorrect, or both are incorrect.
4. Fiat money is always a form of counterfeiting.
5. Counterfeiting produces bad results for almost everyone except the counterfeiters.
6. Fractional reserve banking is legalized counterfeiting.
7. Government fiat money is counterfeit.
8. Those who trust government money will lose wealth more surely than those who do not trust it.
9. There are ways to escape bad monetary policy.
10. The worse the policy, the fewer the avenues of escape.

If you stick with me through this series of articles on monetary theory and policy, you will have a much better idea about where modern society has gone wrong. You will also have a better idea of how to protect yourself against the inevitable consequences, all of which are negative, of the government's violations of sound money principles.

It boils down to this question: If you don't know what money is, how will you obtain more of it? This is another way of saying that if you don't understand the modern violations of monetary theory, you will not understand the extent to which you are vulnerable to bad policies which are going to produce disastrous consequences, just as they have in the past.

Here is a list of his articles going back almost 8 years.

Enjoy,
Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote