Thread: Digestion
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 AM   #21
argonacon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Digestion

good bringing this one up!

drinking lots of fruit and vegetable juice is a really good thing and helps with digestion....you spend less energy digesting your food and you absorbe more of the energy from the food. buying an inexspensive juicer is a really good idea as it cuts down on the cost in a big way.

for yogurt, you want a yogurt that is NON PASTEURISED, as that kills all the bacteria that helps do the work for you in your tummy.

while i know it takes alot of energy to digest food, i dont think it is 70%...think about how much energy it takes to move around, run up a set of stairs. and then think about how much energy it takes to heat your body. between both of those functions, i'm sure they make up more than 30% of total calorie costs. i dont even know if science can totally quantify that in an accurate way. it would depend on how much you eat, what your diet is, how physically active you are, and your genetics.

anyway, just my two cents!

EDIT:

just another small comment on the whole nestle study. there was a bunch of studies done at my old university testing for infant formula. the head doctor was very prominent. he was found to be a fraud years later and relocated to swizerland. he basically was paid off by nestle to make up the whole study so they would be able to rush their findings onto the market before their competitors, even though they had an inferior product. so yeah, nestle is just a big evil company and i wouldnt trust any study they had a hand in "sponsoring"...any kind of corporate sponsorship of education makes me very suspicious. here's the link to the article.....you can find lots more if you dig online.

http://www.cbc.ca/national/news/chandra/

peace!

Last edited by argonacon; 10-14-2008 at 05:43 AM.
argonacon is offline   Reply With Quote