View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #49
NancyV
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Serious question about popping the question (could use women's advice here)

I agree with Exchanger about asking her first. Maybe she doesn't place much value on rings. My present husband and I went to a pawn shop and found very inexpensive gold rings for around $25 each, even though we had plenty of money, because neither of us cared much for rings. I don't think we wore them for long but we've lost them both some time in the last 15 years. We're still married but no rings.

I was married 3 times previously and each time I did not want an expensive ring, even when I married a multi millionaire once. I took him to a wholesale outlet and got a nice ring that was around $450, very cheap for his tastes. I care nothing about rings and never have. Maybe your future wife doesn't care much about rings. It would be good to find out what significance she places on them and what she thinks would be good to do since you can't afford an expensive ring. I also never had a desire for an engagement ring.

I'm sure that your marriage proposal will be so thrilling to her that a ring would be unimportant, and if she is non traditional it would be unnecessary. I wish you both a happy and wonderful marriage. I have certainly enjoyed all of mine, especially this present one!

Nancy
NancyV is offline   Reply With Quote