Thread: Tennessee
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #29
Mike2U
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Tennessee

Greetings to all!

First time poster, very long time lurker. Depending what happens here the next few days and weeks, this may be my first and last post.

My name is Mike. I’m a 43 year old male from Nashville TN, happily married for more than 10 years with no children. But we do have one very loyal (and spoiled) dog which, by the way, is the most economical alarm system on the planet, bar none…lol.

I am not new to forums. I've even administrated and moderated a few on other topics. I've been around the net a long time. Since the Serpo days and long before. I am mostly a reader and researcher and usually don't personally participate in forums on these topics. I find it's much easier to see through the BS when one looks from afar and does not have an emotional attachment to it.

I've followed all these type forums and such for many years. I've seen many of them in their infancy, like this one, and seen a lot of them grow up, as this one has yet to do. I was lurking here when there were less than 100 members so I'm well aware of what has taken place here. Save me the guilt trip. I'm not buying into it.

I wanted to at least make one post here, before I am charged a fee to speak on a public forum, in order to post some sort of contact info for people in my region. If anyone is interested in getting together in a public place sometime, give me a shout.

R.Z., I see you're a guest now. If you still read here, sorry I didnt' see either of your meet-ups until afterwards or I would have been there.

If anyone wishes to contact me, they may do so by emailing me at...

wytookay (at) yahoo.com

Other than emails from administrators, I have disabled all communications in my UserCP (emails, PMs, etc.). If anyone wishes to contact me, please use the email address above as I will not be logging back on here when this forum changes to the "pay to speak" version.

FWIW, I'd also like to make clear that I do not, nor will I ever, support a "pay to speak" platform on a public forum. That is the about the farthest thing from the definition of FREEDOM that I've ever heard. Grossly immoral and unethical, in my opinion. Like many others have said, it's not about the money. I can easily afford it. It's just wrong on so many levels. Sad. Sorry, don't know what else to call it.

However, in light of recent events here, since Camelot and Avalon are, in essence, the same entity, I cannot even support Camelot now because of this lovely "pay to speak" idea on Avalon. Sorry. There is no separation between the two. If one supports one, they support the other. I cannot do that.

Best of luck to all in the path you choose to take. Let your own conscience be your guide, not the conscience of someone else.

Hopefully, I will cross paths with some of you here that live in my region. We do need to get together and start some face-to-face communications some time. For those who have not yet discovered, it is very hard to find people of like minds on these matters. Take advantage while you can…..as long as it remains free to do so.

And to all….practice what Bill Cooper said…

"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research.”

…and continue to share and learn….and DISCERN…whether it be here or elsewhere. You and ONLY you will know, in your heart, and in your soul, if the information you find is true of false. Just be prepared for your “true” to become “false” or your “false” to become “true”. It happens sometimes. Be open to change and be willing to change your mindset if/when it happens. Do not cling to old/false beliefs when you know in your heart they’re no longer true. Go where your spirit leads.

Good luck and be well.

Mike

Last edited by Mike2U; 11-24-2008 at 11:09 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Mike2U is offline   Reply With Quote