View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #10
YankPirate
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Half Past Human Earthquake predictions still on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWoman View Post

I'm familar with this info. But I can't actually find the specific words or site which refers to "Vancouver". I know HPH's work has been reported as "Pacific NorthWest" and "quaking mountains". I am not sure how "Vancouver" ended up in the news reports. If anyone has read the actual HPH ALTA reports...can you tell us how the word "Vancouver" comes into this discussion.

I am concerned since I have family in Portland OR. It is situated in the Cascadian Subduction Zone which is infrequently a problem, but when it is very serious quakes result, often with tidal waves. Portland is situated near a "fertile plain" of agricultural production in OR...and between Mt Hood which is a volcanic mountain prone to eruption like the other Cascade Mt peaks (alla Mount St Helens) and what's odd...is that there is a city in OR called Vancouve which is 20 miles North and West from Portland.

I have no idea how HPH interprets the "predictive linguistics" it derives from the web bots. Or how it finds specific words.

Does any of this make sense to anyone? Does it sensitize anyone to a more narrow focus for the "predictive linguistics"?

Thanks...
YankPirate is offline   Reply With Quote