View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #18
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Aliens Invade Mass Media Headlines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibonos View Post
don't you think they would've done it already?
with their technology it would be easy< i guess they are not that bad, we ARE
gibonos
There is another school of thought that postulates that a sufficiently advanced civilization could in effect complete an invasion and occupation program without the knowledge of its target. Any student of Sun Tzu recognizes the superiority of "winning without fighting". It seems logical that a sufficiently advanced alien society would find it more advantageous to assume control through nonviolent and perhaps not so obvious means if it found cause to do so. I put the Western World's manipulation of Third World countries through covert means as a primitive example of what I mean.

I don't think we should assume anything. We shouldn't even rule out that a truly advanced species wouldn't simply be engaged in expansionism or even predation for that matter.

We have to prepare ourselves for the worst and hope for the best. We should view and treat any off-world or non-human intelligent beings like we would a highly dangerous animal or a representative of an unfamiliar foreign government. That is with a great deal of respect, caution, and self-preservation in mind. To do otherwise seems irresponsible.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote