View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 01:35 AM   #75
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 'V' Movie Revisited

I watched V last night. I have not seen the previous tv series, so it was all new to me. Of course, info from the Avalon site had me aware of the Reps.

First of all, it was well produced...great sets, great casting with one exception, fast moving story line, perfect special effects, and multiple character introductions, all of which were surprisingly deep considering the limited amount of time given to each character introduction. I like that they cast typical looking people (that is, Earth people) and let them speak in more than four word sentences. What I didn't like was who they chose as the Media guy, didn't catch character name. He is too weaseley. Maybe there is a reason for this...so I'll hold off on my further criticism. All in all, it was better than I expected, but I haven't watched a regular tv show since they cancelled Northern Exposure and then Boston Legal, so I have not much with which to compare. Thanks, orthodoxymoron, for giving me the heads up. I just may have to watch one hour of tv a week.
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote