View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 12:51 AM   #37
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Then why is it more expensive to buy such foods? When you don't have the ability to grow them, it adds up over time.

If such foods costed LESS than their GMO versions, perhaps more people would have access to them?
I didn't know that organic food cost less to produce. Are you sure about that? Are you sure that that is true on a commercial scale? The current system is set up and subsidized for factory farms that put out tons of product for the cheapest price possible. And just because regular supermarket food is less expensive is that a good enough reason to put junk in your body?

I totally understand where you are coming from as far as cost goes. It certainly does add up. I'm on a fixed income at the present time- after I pay rent I barely have enough for food. I sacrifice social activities and I drive a crappy looking pick-up truck because I can't afford a car payment and insurance on something nicer. The bottom line is that that stuff is not a priority for me.

Did you know that food expenditure is the number one cost for most people on the planet? What is the number one household expenditure in the USA? Probably house and car payments. We probably spend more money on "disease management" within our antiquated and faulty health care system than most people spend on food. See the problem? It's about priorities. What I put into my body is a priority because I truly know the importance of it through my own research. In the long run it will keep me healthier. I want to stay as far away from doctors and hospitals as I can.

I don't know about you but I want to live a long, happy and healthy life. When you take into account all of the preservatives, pesticides, heavy metals, chemicals, colorings, sugars, flavorings, pollutants, toxic processing agents, and additives in the regular food and water supply in the USA you can see that what most people are ingesting is absolute poison- and in my opinion is not fit for consumption. As a result of the modern diet, most peoples bodies are over burdened with accumulated toxins.

Sometimes when I go into town to run errands I wind up just looking at people walking out of the supermarket and so many of them look so unhealthy and over weight- even the children. I feel so sorry for them because they just don't know. A few years ago I was one of them! I was overweight and felt sick and tired all the time and I didn't understand why.

I apologize that the conversation has drifted away from coconut oil but weight and health issues are so much more complex. Coconut oil is probably great for you but it's just a tiny piece of a puzzle. I have added it to my own diet, but in my opinion there is not one magic bullet that will make you thin and healthy. It has to be a lifestyle choice. We have to continually stretch our awareness to see the bigger picture.

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 01-07-2010 at 04:32 AM.
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote