View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Civilized World Must Protect Iran and Consequently Itself

Canada PM Harper mumbled about Iran last week.

Unfortunately, he's now (dear) leader ('president') of the G8, too. He met with US VP Joe Biden on Saturday evening, at the Olympics in Vancouver BC. Joe Biden today said Iran ...yada yada. Berlusconi has had protests in Italy already, because he's yapping about Iran sanctions, too - I guess Italy trades a lot with Iran. The G8/G20 and ... summit is in Canada this summer:

Toronto asks Tories to move G20 summit - Feb 13, 2009
The G20 summit will be held June 26-27 and is expected to take place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, a stone's throw from the CN Tower. The G8 summit will still be held in Huntsville on June 25-26. http://www.ottawacitizen.com/busines...645/story.html

I heard Harper's CPC helps fund the real estate people/settlements in Israel. I read this -

Canada is helping the right wing settlers. Charles McVety raises money to
help pay for the settlements. McVety being a personal friend of Jason Kenny
gets money from the taxpayers to help this along. This is also why Harper
has no problems with the torture of Muslims and is now getting bullish on
Iran for the G8. Canada is helping to exterminate the Palestinians. Harper
believes in the Jihad against the west. Way to go Canada.

I actually wonder about the CPC funding in general, as they appear to be quite well-funded for several years, e.g. attack ads, marketing, campaigning constantly, closing Parliament annually. This, after the Feb 11, G7 Summit in Iqaluit: The financial world's biggest power brokers – from World Bank President Robert Zoellick to U.S. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner – came and went during the two-day G7 finance ministers' summit without a hitch.

Also, the TORTURE files in a newsletter:

IndictBushNow had spent weeks communicating with CBS representatives for the launch in Washington, D.C., for our wrap-around bus ads that read: "TORTURE is not just wrong ... it is ILLEGAL. Because NO ONE is above the law," followed by our organization's website address.

But now, CBS officials have suddenly changed their tune. In a communication we have just received from CBS Outdoor (which has the contract for the placement of bus ads in the nation's capital), the advertising media giant rejected our bus ad, suddenly claiming it constituted "attack advertisement."

It looks like a few people still buy the 911 justification for cruel, inhuman, degrading... like www Harper people. Things seem to be picking up steam. And there's still Goldstone and Gaza. The USA is actively trying to get China to sanction Iran, too. I'd rather they ALL dismantle the nukes.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote