View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: Pandemic Flu - Prevention and Treatment

Posted by me http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...8&postcount=27

Taking aspirin or something to lower the fever when you have the flu is a very bad idea.
The fever (as long as it's not really high) is there to contain and kill the virus.

quote from:
http://proliberty.com/observer/20051017.htm
Homeopathy also gained quite a reputation during the 1918 flu pandemic. Raymond Seidel, HMD (homeopathic medical doctor), decided to be a homeopathic doctor during the 1918 flu epidemic when he was a 10-year-old delivery boy for a local homeopath. He said, "I saw that the people who were taking aspirin were dying, about half those who were drinking a lot were dying, and those that received homeopathic remedies were living."

another quote:
In Julian Winston’s article, Influenza-1918: Homeopathy to the Rescue (The New England Journal of Homeopathy, Vol. 7, No. 1, 1998), he noted that most of the deaths were caused by a virulent pneumonia that was especially devastating to those who depressed their system with analgesics, especially aspirin. The following citations from his article prove this point:

Three hundred and fifty cases and lost one, a neglected pneumonia that came to me after she had taken one hundred grains of aspirin in twenty-four hours. ~Cora Smith King, MD, Washington, DC

I had a package handed to me containing 1,000 aspirin tablets, which was 994 too many. I think I gave about a half dozen. I could find no place for it. My remedies were few. I almost invariably gave Gelsemium and Bryonia. I hardly ever lost a case if I got there first, unless the patient had been sent to a drug store and bought aspirin, in which event I was likely to have a case of pneumonia on my hands. ~J. P. Huff, MD, Olive Branch, Kentucky

One physician in a Pittsburgh hospital asked a nurse if she knew anything better than what he was doing, because he was losing many cases. "Yes, Doctor, stop aspirin and go down to a homeopathic pharmacy, and get homeopathic remedies." The Doctor replied: "But that is homeopathy." "I know it, but the homeopathic doctors for whom I have nursed have not lost a single case." ~W. F. Edmundson, MD, Pittsburgh

There is one drug which directly or indirectly was the cause of the loss of more lives than was influenza itself. You all know that drug. It claims to be salicylic acid. Aspirin’s history has been printed. Today you don’t know what the sedative action of salicylic acid is. It did harm in two ways. It’s indirect action came through the fact that aspirin was taken until prostration resulted and the patient developed pneumonia. ~Frank L. Newton, MD, Somerville, Massachusetts

Aspirin and the other coal tar products are condemned as causing great numbers of unnecessary deaths. The omnipresent aspirin is the most pernicious drug of all. It beguiles by its quick action of relief of pain, a relief which is but meretricious. In several cases aspirin weakened the heart, depressed the vital forces, increased the mortality in mild cases and made convalescence slower. In all cases it masks the symptoms and renders immeasurably more difficult the selection of the curative remedy. Apparently aspirin bears no curative relation to any disease and it ought to be prohibited. ~Guy Beckly Stearns, MD, New York

By doing a bit of research into books and periodicals from the 1918 flu pandemic era, it is clear that allopathic "cures" were deadlier than the disease itself. Many homeopaths, autologists and other "drugless" doctors understood that the blood was the life force of the body and its purity was a barometer of health as well as an indicator of disease susceptibility. They also witnessed that the poisoning of the blood via yellow fever, typhoid and smallpox vaccinations was the prerequisite condition for contracting the "Spanish" flu. But even then, the flu itself was not a death sentence. The deaths occurred among those who stifled their body’s attempts to heal itself by taking allopathic potions such as aspirin and other inappropriate treatments.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote