View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #2006
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
Thats cool HJ...

I had my own metal radio show on saturday nights back in the '90's.

Man we used to have some fun, Id invite girls to party with me everytime.
The folk would come in on a sunday morning to do their 'gospel' show and find the bins full of empty JD cans/bottles and the whole building smelling like weed. One time the techno guy from the show before me made me skull a bunch of magic mushie juice before I went on air and I spent the show tripping in and out of altered states of reality.

Id get people call in all the time to make requests.. one time an 80 year old man phoned me and said my show was 'keeping him alive' weird but very nice.

Was great while it lasted until some idiot 'friends' of mine had a fight with the firehoses and p****d in the stairwell and I got kicked off the air by management.
Heh.

The station I'm at is too strict and we couldn't get away with any of that. Too many video cameras in the hallways.

One guy got fired for walking down the hallway in a thong. I also know a DJ that brought his girlfriend in so they could make out during his show. I have found empty beer bottles near the station but no way to tell if it was a DJ. There's also a nice old man that DJs and he sleeps on the couch in the station sometimes. Probably doesn't have a warm place to sleep at night.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote