View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 06:12 AM   #139
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Capitalism, Sustainability, and the Possibility of Global Collapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
Perhaps silver, gold, and platinum exude a field magnetic (or magic), in conjunction with other magnetic and gravitational fields, that keeps us paying attention - for some reason.

Hell, I don't know.

Honest money has been long gone before you and I were born. Andrew Jackson, despite being a disgusting, racist, Indian hating killer, warned us about transferring our system to paper. He hated Biddle, the father of our central banking system. His hate was probably wrong, but his apprehension about the use of paper, symbolic script seems right on.
I dunno, Jackson fought against federalization of the states, he made efforts to limit the power of the afluent elite. He ousted the brits from New Orleans and killed a man in a duel to defend his wifes honor. He's awright by my standards. Weve had far worse presidents.

What killed all the indians was destroying their food source by way of slaughtering millions of bison, taking their lands from them and educating their children. A genocide practiced by the government through more than one president.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote