View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #19
gwynned
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Joe Biden:"Mark My Words, We Will Face A Major International Crisis"

Sounds to me like an attack on Pakistan. Obama first brought this up months ago, Pakistan is on the verge of bankruptcy with an unpopular leader and they have nukes. I think the following remarks from Biden are laying the groundwork for an airstrike. Interesting that both candidates have raised the specter of the bogeyman Osama, who had all but disappeared from the news.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...to-suppor.html

"Biden emphasized that the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border is of particular concern, with Osama bin Laden "alive and well" and Pakistan "bristling with nuclear weapons."

"You literally can see what these kids are up against, our kids in that region," Biden said in recalling when his helicopter was forced down due to a snowstorm there. "The place is crawling with al Qaeda. And it's real."

"We do not have the military capacity, nor have we ever, quite frankly, in the last 20 years, to dictate outcomes," he cautioned. "It's so much more important than that. It's so much more complicated than that. And Barack gets it."
gwynned is offline   Reply With Quote