View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #14
Platinum
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dorset / Hampshire Ground Crew

Welcome Southsea and Golden Lady. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
I am slowly looking at safe areas locally, i want to be certain I have a good place if needed which could be good for many. I have heard from a friend of a friend blah blah blah, that it is safest in the south west if planned to stay south uk.

Good to hear Donny. Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lady
Like your posts guys,
Something to do positively would be good for the soul. Looking forward to getting started.
Love, peace and courage to all
Ps I'm a little scared but excited too.

As a good friend of mine says, "feel the fear, and do it anyway".

Fear / apprehension etc, in and of itself, need not necessarily be a 'bad' thing.
A small amount of 'fear' can be healthy. Untamed fear is of course dangerous and debilitating. Yet, when harnessed effectively, with you controlling it, rather than the reverse, it can be used as an ally, it can prove to be a grounding and stabilizing factor. It helps prevent overt and rash boldness.

The distinction between courage, bravery, and rushing headlong into reckless action, can be a fine line to manage, and must be handled with care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative-answer View Post
I am really looking forward to meeting up and moving forward with this.

Indeed. And this should be arranged and undertaken sooner, rather than later. I am a firm believer in making contingency plans. One never knows what is around the corner. Too often in times past, I have lost valuable contacts when a site has been 'taken down'. I am calm and rational by nature. Certainly not 'alarmist'. However, contact needs to be established between us all 'offline', that we can arrange alternative methods of contact, in the event of any 'unforeseen' circumstances which may hamper our online communications.

We can of course use this space here for the majority of our planning and arrangements, though I would propose at least an initial informal meeting in person for as many as can attend, purely for the purposes of making outside contact. I do not give out personal details online, no matter how 'secure' I may believe a site to be. Simply a principle of basic common sense for personal protection.

I am unavailable in person for the next few days due to work and family commitments, though I have a free day in my diary for Wednesday October 15th, four days from now.

I do not have access to personal transport at present, so for me, any initial meeting would need to be Bournemouth based, which as there are at least three of us in close proximity to each other within the Bournemouth area, that would make sense anyway, even just for an initial meeting together.

I don't have an issue with traveling further, though without personal transport, a future date would need to be planned in advance for me to make time available to travel. I'm thinking in terms of a possible more 'central' future meeting place, in order to include those of our group more further afield, such as Weymouth and Portsmouth for example. Lol, or though I guess Bournemouth would actually be a pretty central point between the two anyway.

So I shall await to hear from you all, as to your availabilities and how able you are (or not) to travel here.

Thinking in terms of our initial meet, Golden Lady, how are you fixed in ability to travel to Bournemouth from your location? I know it's not far by car, but I don't know your personal situation.

To all: Please let me know as to your potential availability for Wednesday the 15th. I would propose an informal central Bournemouth meeting, in a public place, but where some element of privacy can be arranged.

Bearing in mind that anyone can read here, it is of course wise to keep details of any suggested meeting places private. Once I know who can make it, I will PM you all privately to make arrangements.

As an aside, looking forward to seeing Christin join us here too, as soon as you are able.

Warm Regards,

Platinum.
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote