View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:40 AM   #249
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4Life View Post
hmmm will our stuff that we post get censored? I had a thread going and someone closed it down...why? Too much truth getting out there? An actual solution to the problem? I had a thread on common law going in case your wondering what it was about...
Hi, Rebel:

Your thread almost certinly didn't get deleted. VERY few threads ever are. This is a rumor that has started and is just not true.

Some threads are MOVED (to an area where they are better categorized), and some are temporarily moved to a moderators' area for review. There's been a large backlog of these, but many have been sorted out now.

The problem has been that when a thread is bookmarked (or referenced in a blog, e.g.) then it SEEMS not to be there any more, and a rather brutal message shows up which says "You don't have permission to access this page".

It's a limitation of the vBulletin software that we cannot change that message - as best I know. It gives entirely the wrong message. It SHOULD say [something like]

"This thread has been moved to ________ . Please wait while we redirect you", or

"This thread has temporarily been moved to the moderators' area for review, and will be reposted as soon as possible."

We apologize for this limitation, and there's nothing we can do to change the messages or automatically redirect the pages. The solution is to use the Search function to find the threads (or individual posts) - you'll almost always find they're still on the forum.

Very best wisehs, Bill
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote