View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 01:37 AM   #5
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: President O'bama ,bless his heart.

Personally, I try not to judge a person by their cover nor think he is being controlled by someone else. Have I met the man? No. Do I know him? No.

I can only make educated guesses based on what he does while in office. From what I can see, he has not done anything to cause acrimony and vitriol to be heaped at his feet.

The president seems like a good sort, feels like a fine upright fellow too. With his actions regarding Haiti in the last few days, it shows the man knows compassion. It is the compassionate man that gives aid to his fellow that is suffering. It is the compassionate man that gives in times of need. It is the compassionate man who knows that it isn't the color of ones skin, religion or political bent that one gives to help another.

Sure, some people may say the president giving 100 million dollars and sending out our troops is all a gimmick. It is to make him look good.

I would rather the president gave from out country's coffers to another country who needs it more than we do. Why? Because it shows our nation, the people of our nation can give out of compassion and love.

I would say if helping others in times of need because it is the right thing to do also makes him look good then so be it.

It is unfortunate that giving has to be made political.

I give where and when I can because I can. No one is holding a gun to my head and telling me I have to do it. I do it because it is the right thing to do. I do it because it is the good thing to do. I do it because it is the loving and compassionate thing to do.

Give from the heart.

Winter Wolf
WinterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote