View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #17
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible, Our Conclusion. by Norval and Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
...You decide that the clones aren't really working out the way you had hoped. What would you do?
Well obviously Clone 2 would have to be shot dead on the spot, and Clone 3 locked up until he learns to love me...?

If they don't want to be with me I'd set them free, actually before it got to that level.

If you want an answer related directly to the immediate situation, Clone 2 has a knife at Clone 1...? Maybe I'd step in and try to protect C1? I don't know, it's hard to predict a pressure situation.

If you're talking about the ethics of it all. I would never expect the clones to be my slaves in the first place.
They are sentient free-will beings, just like me.
Clone 1 wants to help? Great.
Clone 2 and 3 don't? Okay, go live your lives.

If I had made mechanical robot helpers, then maybe I'd dismantle them, but not thinking, feeling, sentient free will beings.

So, which clone am I?
Is there a Clone 4?

I'm not Clone 2. I'm not going to randomly attack without personal provocation.

I'm not Clone 3. I do have opinions, and I do care about my effect on others.

If I knew the guy who made me was a nice guy, not prone to fascist control or manipulation, I might well be inclined to go the way of Clone 1.
I don't mind helping out for a worthwhile cause - as long as I'm not forced, or guilted, into it (a system that forces all to comply would not be considered a 'worthwhile cause' by me).

Is that enough for you?
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote