View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Essene Gospels of Peace

The biblical canon is arbitrary and man-determined. I'm currently leaning strongly toward the words of Christ...or those attributed to him. I'm currently reading a collection of 20 gospels called 'The Complete Gospels' by Polebridge Press...of Jesus Seminar fame. I will try to read through the materials you have referred to. What do you think about the Book of Enoch? Doesn't this book teach that the 'bad-guys' will be kicked out of our world...and that the 'good-guys' will remain here? If so...this is close to what I currently believe.

Also, wasn't there some recent controversy regarding Essene scholarship? Do you think the public now has access to all of the Dead Sea Scroll material? Do you know who John Strugnell is? If so, what do you think of him? Finally, what do you think of the Ebionites? Don't they accept Jesus(in their own way)...and reject Paul(as authoritative, that is). If so, this is my view as well.

I don't expect answers...but if anyone feels like commenting...I would be interested in your opinions. I'm currently trying to get my bearings. I'm trying to be respectful of historical insights and truths...yet open to all of the new ideas...some of which are presented in this forum.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote