View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 04:25 AM   #72
Teresa
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: A "Whistle Blower" open letter to Bill and Kerry, and the forum.

Hi, I just came upon Norval's thread for the first time this evening and read through pretty much all of it. It was very interesting to me; Norval's posts, because I've had an experience in my youth; age 18; I'm now 46, that I've always been extremely curious about.

It was religious, in a sense, as I was "trying to be" a Youth teacher at the brief time.... To clarify, I was 18, out of H.S., and wanted to explore my "born into Catholic upbringing" a bit more than Sunday gospel. So, never have read 'any bible' at the time.... I decided to 'help out' as a teacher's assistant to a young teacher in his 20s teaching 'the book of Revelation.'
I did want to help these 8th graders learn.... but, looking back, I think my real objective at the time was to appease deep curiosity and finally do some real Bible study myself!

Well.... it's a long story and I don't want to strain any eyes telling it here... but what happened to me after that short, summer course was over... was anything but boring.

{Sometime I will write more about it in detail.... but for now I'll be concise}

Norval and Gale, I hope you're reading.... because I'd love to get your feedback later---

First, let me tell you I was not your "average Sunday school teacher type" --ok... (For 1980 anyway)
This means, I was 'a little bit' of "the partier".... (I don't want to sound 'vain' here.... but, I had no idea; (totally naieve!) of how 'attractive' a female 'I WAS'..... (I mean i didn't think i was ugly..... but (and i don't want to focus on this) ----- what I'm trying to tell you is I WAS THERE FOR A REASON UNKNOWN TO ME AT THE TIME --- OK ..... It was not for the teacher he was quite short, wore glasses (I wear them now... you know-- at 18... It was like; He's a geek!), etc... but he was extremely kind !

Anyway, never saw the teacher or students (except for one girl) again after the weeknight class was over after some several weeks.

Maybe a week, or two, at the most later..... "The Action Began..... !"

OK--- (I can't give the story any justice.... until i write it all out detail for detail.... but.....) in a nutshell {and that's what I'm afraid of some may think i was "a nut" at the time... !}

It started with me having an 'extreme dream' one night.... Is it called a Lucid dream ? --Where you are 'awake'...

(yes--- many details--- but the climax was 'SEEING' (my first and last time to do so) a "Light Being" at my doorway.
NOW, today, I can call it a Light Being, or advanced being, or ET.... from all I've learned about this over the net for the last three years..
But, at that time, I 'thought' it was Jesus....
I had cleared that up after I told a Pastor
my story in 2002.... (I left Catholic faith in 1995... and explored a non-denominational Christian church until 2005... when i first became "net saavy")

I liked the fact that "born again Christians" -- unlike Catholics -- ACTUALLY READ THE BIBLE....

AND i was able to FURTHER EXPLORE ! ---Through various (2 or 3) Bible studies I did with the women's group while I raised my babies.
My husband and I (of 20 years) 'planned' the first 2 babies....
The 2nd two--- happened no matter how careful we tried not to let it --- AND, the timing was 'real funny' --- the pregnancies occurred BOTH TIMES right in the beginning of a 'new Bible study'... !
(I was 41 with the last.... Thank God, all healthy children)

Now, YOU may say this is all not so strange.... but it does get weirder..
the time i was 18 that is---
"Entering another dimension..... Seeing visions.... being hospitalized by my parents because of it.... etc.."

Also, after having the last of four babies at age 41,
I noticed a "letter Y" sort of "engraving" in the center of my 'navel' --belly button-- It was not there before the pregnancy...
(I always, since childhood, had a large, outie navel... It goes inwards now)

Just "weird coincidences"...... Even though most here will say 'there are no coincidences'...... Ya just don't know

Since my real committed Christian days... I've had quite "a ride" on the internet over the last three years... learning and discerning, of course...

I read Norval's first post--- and it really rung (resonated) with me.

I haven't belonged to a church for 3 years.... and tend to not have a religion at all.... but i do feel strongly about "A Creator" --- and maybe there are multiple 'versions' of a Christ--- the most recent being; Jesus of Nazareth..
History does repeat itself as they say...

Maybe he was 'the final' teacher of that magnitude.... "so to speak" ---

/anyway... Just wanted to sum up and say I am glad Norvel and Gale are doing what they're doing---

All need to share--- and not be afraid---

Love to all~ teresa*