View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #65
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Devon and Cornwall people!!

Hey Banananman !

Thanks for the link to the AWESOME thread. Awesome! What a blast of positivity. I've added my twopenneth to the thread too.

I think too (Soulrider) imo that we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that we are all 'awesome' because we are taking an interest in our Earth and the people on it. Doesn't matter if we have skills or not. Your skill is your interest and undoubtedly your knowledge that has brought you this far.

I'm sure plenty of us are sensitive to others and what is going on in the world right now, or we wouldn't be in the place we find ourselves (i.e. taking such an interest). So it's easy for us to imagine scenarios where we 'get left out' (anyone here like me get picked towards the end for teams at football/cricket?? ) - or imagine situations where we have fallen short of survival requirements. (Running out the door thinking ... fishing line ? check. compass? check. Sleeping bag ? check. Oh no..wait , I've forgotten my shoes... rats !!) (Never mind 'Engineer? Check. Nurse? Check.)

But that's the point (for me). Imagination. So how great it is to see a thread where we imagine the best that can happen. If everyone could try that...well... would things really get bad at all ? I hope not, because people would be saying, (across the board) ' it's ok... we'll fix that... we'll sort this'.

My hope that this whole deal is more about exactly this kind of awakening of love for everyone, we will see that the old ways just won't work anymore.

But we each have our song, I don't mean to preach to anyone. I'm sure everyone will find their way along the path. It's nice to feel resonances with others though when it does happen. I think Avalon is trying to get a resonance going with people who generally feel the same way (with a wide scope of course).

That AWESOME thread has renewed my faith that this is not just going to be another forum. And the failure of the bailout bill through congress is an interesting synchonicity that we can evoke change through wanting/imagining it.

So thanks Bananaman for stoking the spiritual flames...
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote