View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #31
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Bush-Cheney Negotiate Resignations (Rumored)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoP View Post
Neither Bush nor Cheney will voluntarily leave (IMO), probably not even when their term is officially over. So, the resignation rumor--I'll believe it when I see it.
I hear that a lot, but I'm not so sure.
See, this admin has a passel of nasty guys; the insitu ringleader Cheney is a complete sociopath, but they're just ideologists doin' a job.

Thing is, and this has puzzled me a lot, everyone keeps saying things like "these guys are SO dumb! Look what they've done to this country." and I think there's a flaw in that. They came to do a job. This job never was about any interests of the American People! The job was a merger of goals from two different groups: P.N.A.C., and the oil interests.

They have accomplished 90% of what they went to Washington to do:
  • The Iraqi oil contracts which excluded them, no longer exist.
  • The US oil companies, Chevron, Conoco, Bp, et al are so close to signing old style "Banana Republic" style contracts there, they can taste it.
  • The Taliban, who agreed to, then reneged on the oil pipeline are out of power and the pipeline is built, under the watchful eye of our ambassador, a former(?) employee of Unocal.
  • Uncounted precedents set for the behavior of the mythical President/King if the US. Things like the acceptance of signing statements, and all the rest,
  • Acceptance of a raft of unconstitutional laws which setup a functional fascist government. No matter that most of these laws will be struck down, that will take decades. Meanwhile.... party on!
What remains really, is to do the same thing to Iran they did to Iraq; depose the reigning government, thereby cancelling all standing oil contracts and leases. a "reset" to the 1920's. And can anyone deny they don't have that all setup merely waiting for the proper excuse?

No they've batted about 800 out of 1000, I'd say.

Meanwhile Cheney's mealticket, Halliburton, has moved to the U.A.E. a sort of "no man's land" for skullduggery in the M.E.

Also, the Bush family has purchased 95,000 acres in Paraguay. This "hobby ranch" is adjacent to a 170,000 acre one owned by long-time friend of Bush41, Rev. Moon. (Who knew Bush was a closet moonie?) This property also happens to sit over top of the world's largest natural water aquifer! Don't forget, "Water is the next oil!"

No, the longer they stick around, after November, the more dangerous things become for all of them. Besides, they knew damned well exactly what kind of "feces storm in a deep deep hole" they were creating for the US Govt, and it's people, and just how long it'd take to dig out. They didn't care!!

So, the only reason I can come up with, for people as geo-politically aware as this bunch to not care what they were creating is this :
They intended all along to get in, "Git 'er done!" and get outa dodge!

Let the next poor schmuck get the headaches, and take the heat for declaring martial law, just to keep the lid on. Like I said here I think they fully intend to have a "pardon orgy" and boggie post haste!

Now, "They" is a bit vague. so... if someone would like to "name" just who is running them, I can try to expand from there.

Addendum:
In case theres anyone who still doesn't believe it wasn't all about the oil,
Quote:
In June of this year, Andrew Kramer, writing in The New York Times, broke the story that the world's oil giants, "Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP ... along with Chevron and a number of smaller oil companies" were "in talks with Iraq's Oil Ministry for no-bid contracts to service Iraq's largest fields." Subsequently, the Times went on to report that "A group of American advisers led by a small State Department team played an integral part in drawing up contracts between the Iraqi government and five major Western oil companies ... " The Times asserted that the "disclosure" was "the first confirmation of direct involvement by the Bush administration in deals to open Iraq's oil to commercial development and is likely to stoke criticism."

In reality, there had long been ample evidence of deep involvement between the Bush administration, foreign firms and Iraq's Oil Ministry. The Times and other major media outlets also failed to expose the major financial ties between the military occupation in Iraq and the same oil giants. In fact, each of the oil giants named in the original New York Times piece - Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total, BP, and Chevron - regularly shows up on the Pentagon's payroll. In fact, last year, the five firms took home more than $4.1 billion from the Pentagon - with Shell leading the way with $2.1 billion. [source]
Shell, is not a US corporation, I know. But it is interesting thay were chosen because in the original PNAC documents outlining the proposed toppling of governments in Iraq & Iran, Shell was said to be the ideal choice as a non-US corporation to share in the spoils. It was thought that letting a major European corporation in on the deal was a great way to keep Europe from interfering.

The other one was seeing to it the new govt in Iraq was kept weak, and disorganized so the level of civil unrest would remian high. This served to both keep out interlopers, but helped guarantee a "need" for US troops to remain there a long time. (Cagey, and damned cynical, but it has worked quite well.)

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat

Last edited by Fredkc; 10-05-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote