View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
greenelephant
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The dangers of investing in precious metals??

With respect Kundaflower I understand your views but I think you are missing my point. I dont suggest we live an operate in a financial system like the one we are in. But we need a 'system' of commerce to pay for our basic necessities to ensure people live long enough to enter a 'spiritual utopia'

Your forgetting the vast majority of people in society are still asleep and to suggest to them to abandon the notion that we need a financial system most likely is inconceivable to them. We will need a monetary value for exchange to pay for food, water, blankets, fuel and other necessities to fulfil our basic needs to live. The economic crash could come at any time, we all know this, it has been on a knife's edge for some time. How will people survive and live until we reach the moment in time when spirituality will reign from when the crash will happen?

The only person so far I have seen attack the idea of PM's is a professor called nouriel roubini. But his arguements are flawed.
He claims that gold bull market is a bubble in danger. This is contradiction to numerous claims that the physical market is suppressed and manipulated to create consumer confidence in the currency markets.
He also claims that PM's are only on their way down and links this to the deflation and low interest rates set by the central banks. Once the banks raise interest rates the currency market will recover, PM's have to go down.
Well... reducing the interest rates wont solve the problem, its just slowing down the consequences of all our monetary debt. If interest rates go higher then its just pressing the fast forward switch to monetary collapse.

If you believe I have misquoted or slandered him, there are many critics against his view. GATA for example totally disagree with his projections as well as other testimonies available on the internet. tyoe in "roubini gold wrong"

Quote:
After receiving BA in political economics at Bocconi University and doctorate in international economics at Harvard University, he began academic research and policy making by teaching at Yale while also spending time at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Federal Reserve, World Bank, and Bank of Israel. Much of his early studies focused on emerging markets. During the administration of President Bill Clinton, he was a senior economist for the Council of Economic Advisers, later moving to the United States Treasury Department as a senior adviser to Timothy Geithner, who is now Treasury Secretary.
from wikipedia.com

He's also worked with several elite organisations in the past.

But the questions I have now in my mind is whether the central banks being affiliated with TPTB, will resort to dirty tricks to steal the wealth of PM investors. The gold bug phenomenom has been public for some while and suspect TPTB wont be to happy with this. China, India and Russia could dump their gold reserves and flood the market with bullion crashing the price of PM. But I struggle to think why would it be in their interest to do so. Could they be prepared to sacrifice a section of their wealth to help their elite masters come a step closer to NWO?
May sound preposterous but is definately feasible. I need and would appreciate some help here.

I also would like to say I am arguing the case of gold to see if it is indeed a valuable to preserve wealth and protect people from the dangers of financial upheaval. Any decision you people take is your responsibility and I urge to research and come up with your own conclusion.
greenelephant is offline   Reply With Quote