View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 12:46 AM   #50
ADAM KADMON
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The power of music to awaken us / Tool the band?

My experience with Tool was as a young man. They were my "favorite" at the time. Naturally, I eventually discovered that despite their obvious enlightenment and understanding their music was indeed "dimming" overall.

As cryptic as Parabola may be, they also have a song called "Prison Sex" and I quote a lyric which states: "This sh**, blood and c*m on my hands," from that track. That type of composition doesn't promote healing if you know what I mean...

Only a small understanding of music will suffice, and perhaps a bit of intro-observation after listening.

I think of them now as a Gateway band. They are attuned to the vibration a "spiritual teen" may be experiencing. And then thus impart a line of thinking that goes deeper than whatever little-kim, or jazzy-j is singing about...

Later, the fortune majority will outgrew them and found much greater fulfillment in Beethoven, Mozart and the likes. Beethoven's music ALSO uses the "golden ratio" and sacred number sequences. Many of his compositions were composed after bird's songs for example. And most people would agree that Beethoven's greatest pieces, were done after the man went deaf! He said, it was only after he has lost his hearing that he could truly "hear the music" (of the spheres).

And so, there is a time and place for Tool. But if you listen too long, without absorbing some Mozart from time to time, you might find yourself with the same feeling you get when you deprive yourself of sunlight.

Adam K.
ADAM KADMON is offline   Reply With Quote