View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #68
orb
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Reaction to Bill Deagle's interview with Bill and Kerry

One thing I think everyone here on this forum serious abut their survival, as well as the people they come in contact with after the shift, is to buy "Oral Rehydration Salts".

They are about $11 for a package, and a number of people might be saved with just one pack. Buy extra for your friends, in my case I got three packs and threw them in the medicine cabinet, so I have 36 packets of salts. Ask your local drug store to get them for you, and Walmart can bring them in as well

What surprised me is that these were not on the shelf, and the pharmacist did not even know about them, or Cholera for example, because it is not an issue in developed Countries.

Disease will be the biggest killer after the shift. Cholera will be rampant. Forget the one meal you were going to have out somewhere, or the few beers tonight, spend the frigging $30 and possibly save your and many others lives with just this one thing alone.

Do it now. The salts will not be there after the shift. Besides, there are any number of things that might happen where these salts are needed, any natural disaster, Cholera come right in behind. And if you do not know what Cholera is, like me in the past, get off your butt and read up on it now. Very important.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_rehydration_therapy

Last edited by orb; 11-06-2008 at 05:27 PM.
orb is offline   Reply With Quote