View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #231
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

I agree with what you have written in its essence !4 Chakras.
We weren't meant to suffer and through the ego we created and chose suffering in our ignorance. For that reason I don't like to link God to this as co-creator. We are the perpetrator and the victim. God is not to blame.

My other problem with co-creator is that, who is to have that ability and who not?
In duality we all have different ideas on what would be best for other people. There would be unending conflict as we would never come into agreement as to what should be created. Its just to complicated to work in my opinion. I honestly wouldn't want the responsibility.

My own experience is that when I surrendered my life to God I was lifted from the hell of alcoholism and whilst I live modestly my needs are all met effortlessly, of myself I do nothing, I am free of many bondages and I like it that way.

Because the context I come from is a path of enlightenment as set out by the sages I like to keep my self on that track, I am not concerned overmuch about what happens after enlightenment, though there are levels of enlightenment.
As you said in an earlier post there are tests even for the enlightened, the process is eternal but for me one step at a time.

I dont like to keep quoting Dr David Hawkins but on his map of consciousness there is an enormous gap between the spiritual energy of an angel and an enlightened being, therefore a sage could be considered as being in kindergarten.

The following link is for information about Dr Hawkins

http://www.veritaspub.com/index.php?page=about

With love and regard for your knowledge.
Chris

Last edited by greybeard; 01-03-2010 at 10:07 PM.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote