View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #22
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Coconut Oil

Health Tip #1 : use coconut oil.

Most people that need to lose weight have a suppressed metabolism. Eating a tablespoon of coconut oil every day will normalize the metabolism. Eating 2 tablespoons per day is good too, but start with one.

The best coconut oil in the world all comes from one manufacturer in Indonesia (edited: whoops, not Malaysia). The reason it is better than the rest is the manner in which it is processed. It goes through a cold process three stage centrifuge also called 'wet-milled'. This is a custom made scientific grade machine & is not generally public knowledge. This process results in the only known raw coconut oil.

The oil resulting from the above process contains naturally occurring vitamin E, which many people believe coconut oil cannot contain. It is marketed under various names. PM me for further reference, do not want to break any endorsement rules here & "no", I have no financial stake in this.

Traditional processes, while still great, involve pressing/boiling. There are loads of coconut oils claiming to be raw when they are not. Also "virgin" has no meaning beyond marketing in reference to coconut oil, organic (or not) still applies though.

With that said, even 'bad' coconut oil is better than other oils. It even has antibacterial and anti-viral properties. Which is part of why it instantly relieves itchy skin. Using it to moisturize the scalp is amazing for those that have psoriasis/dandruff or those that just want great looking hair. Pro tip: apply to scalp, not all of the hair, it will work outwards. I mix mine with a few drops of Spikenard oil.

Coconut is the only healthy oil that does not hydrogenate at high cooking temperature (300+ degrees Fahrenheit). Because of this it is the only oil suitable for traditional stir fry.

It is very wise to replace all cooking oils with Coconut oil.

...detoxing is a thoroughly different issue...

Last edited by Sideshow Shaman; 01-07-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote