Thread: Do not vote!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 12:50 AM   #14
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Do not vote!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
I am voting and I an taking my children along with me so they can see what it was like to have a say in something. They are aware that things aren't as they learn in school, but I want to be an example for them to at least learn to seize whatever opportunity they get instead of being constantly apathetic and whiny about everything and letting others make decisions for them. This is one way to speak up; certainly no one is listening, but at least we are speaking up.

Will my vote matter? No. We are choosing different wings from the same bird, AGAIN. This state is leaning heavily to one side, so my one vote won't matter much. And both the candidates are paid for and propped up by NWO thugs. But maybe my kids one day will sit down at the dinner table twenty years from now and one will say "Do you remember when...?"

America is an experiment. A lot of garbage has gotten in the way of this experiment and has ruined it. But the experiment itself is not a failure. I choose to still believe in the ideas this country was built upon. Just because people became lazy and comfortable and didn't pay attention and stop what is happening doesn't mean that when this empire falls it can't be replanted. Our 200 years are up. This country can collapse into a heap, but the NATION (people with the same ideals) I hope will still be here. The land will still be here. If we forget it, or if we forget the strength and the courage the founding fathers had, then we are done for. The rug has been ripped out from under us, so now is our chance to stand up and fix what is wrong. The system is collapsing out from under us. I can't think of a better time to re-think and recreate the world we want to live in. But we have to take that world past our front doors. We have to get it out of our heads.

BTW, I'm writing in George Carlin. The guy may be dead but I can't think of anyone more worthy to be President, even if he thinks the experiment is a joke.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pUM9l-obnrw

Good for you and well said. And for those who do not do their civic duty, you should have no say in anything about our country.
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote