View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 01:33 AM   #15
Mizar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Do you believe you are protected?

Protected? Every day.
Mizar has led a life that has entailed risks in the air, at sea, and on land in inhospitable territories, would have killed most.
Two most memorable moments for the forum
1, Kona coast Hawaii, 1970's was a poor surfer and sleeping in a car on the Kona Coast, left the key in the ignition just in case, about 3 AM a Cat was meowing feriociously on the hood of the car, I woke up, saw the cat, and the looked in the rear view mirror and saw a big guy with a long wooden club in is right hand walking towards the car. fired up the beater and got out of there.
2, Was on a VFR flight to San Diego, in a Cessna, alone, just past San Pedro, leveled out at flight level, saw a 737 on the deck at Long Beach Airport, thought initially I would clear as the heavy was still on the ground, kept it in sight, as the 737 rotated up and out of LB, 3 minutes later it was looking too close for comfort, tried to raise the heavy on the radio, but it crapped out, same for ATC, LB, so it was like my instructor years ago clear as day told me to do a 360, left, so I did it, and got to see some startled faces in the passenger windows of the 737.
M
Mizar is offline   Reply With Quote