View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
EpiphaMe

Default Re: Doom and Bloom - Our Future

I'm a Now-ist and where I live, nothing appears to be any different, but I don't live in a large city. I don't watch the news much nor read newspapers. I lurk here from time to time.... there's just NO telling other than history seems to show patterns.

People's world has to be greatly affected before they pay attention, then they have to pull their pants up, caught unawares... victim mentality is rampant... self responsibility gets in the face yesterday (sort of thing)... lots of apathy out there.

Seems to be a me-me-mine attitude out there. Unless it hits home, no one seems to care and if they did, they live paycheck to paycheck, completely vulnerable for food and utilities.

Speaking of my own home base, we're working on the homefront, garden going in soon... passive solar greenhouse going up... that sort of thing. Doing what we can to have back up energy.

I tend to see myself among those that would overcome... but if things get as severe as I've seen (those thoughts that come in uninvited)... well, no need to 'go there' as it aint pretty!

There will always be those that overcome whatever obstacles show up... do the best we can... what else is there? Most of my family & friends/acquaintances don't really know me... I'm too whacked for comfort there... phenomenal really.

Does that make me MORE responsible??? You betcha... helping others is part of troubling times. Where to draw the line?

I tend to think there is no real end... set-backs are subject to perception...