Thread: God Is an "It"
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #42
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: God Is an "It"

The problem with my posts is the disruption and disorientation factor. Hopefully this is minimal here in this philosophical no-man's land of Avalon. But exercise extreme caution in the area of theology. It is a Pandora's Box. People sometimes divorce...go insane...commit suicide...etc...when they lose their faith. A pastor once told me not to get too deep into theology. I belonged to a church which prided itself on the fact that people studied their way into the truth of this faith. But later...many of their children went to college...and found out that all was not well with the faith...and studied their way out of the church. And all too often...no one other than their parents...seemed to give a rat's patootie. All too many of us received a swift kick on our way out the door.

The God of This World is Not the God of This Universe. I suspect a malevolent collection of aliens playing God...with a kingpin named Lucifer. Jesus tried to set us free. The Teachings of Jesus can help us to tap into the divinity which is in each of us. This is not an arrogant assertion. But it may be Us vs Them...and we need to understand this if we are going to stand up to Them...and Set Ourselves Free. I try to follow the words of Christ...but I am not waiting for him to come and save us. Beware of a staged UFO invasion and a staged Second Coming of Christ. God save us from our saviors...and we have nothing to fear but the fearmongers.

"God's work on Earth must truly be our own." (JFK)

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 06-15-2009 at 10:34 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote