View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #27
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are you afraid to die?

Peace of Mind

You set so many questions or mixed metaphors in those 2 paragraphs to clearly answer what in effect was a kind of speech. Not getting at you for it. Just stating my observation.

I think very few people are afraid of death. For some it’s a new adventure for others it’s a full stop. Neither concept is provable to the living. Dieing on the other hand is a whole different ball game. I’ve been down that road a few times and every time it’s been extremely painful. However, the first time it happened I briefly died. The experience of the light has always given me the fortitude to deal each occurring visit by my old friend death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
To get a reasonable idea of what death is like try this thought experiement (or try it for real if you wish). Take your computer, boot it up, get something running on it. Take a ball-peen hammer and smash the CPU on the motherboard (or claw hammer if you simply must) and pound on the disk drive a couple times. You'll notice an immediate failure of the operating system, a total inablity to access the hard drive and the disappearance of whatever was being displayed on the screen. This is the state of death. Non-activity. The total loss of all information. A non-existence. The program that was running on the hardware doesn't fly off to run somewhere else, it ceases to exist as the circuits which supported its existence no longer exist.

If it isn't like that I'll be surpised shall we say.
Well…if my experience is anything to go by then you will be pleasantly surprised. The light the knowledge and understanding is groovy.

I’m not here to mess with your belief system and I know for sure I can’t prove a thing but I believe your wrong. Your analogy above is logical. It does make sense but I’ll put in a few things for you to think about.

Say you sit there on your computer and over time you write a program. Bits of software say …like a video driver. You then upload that driver program onto the Internet. Now go take a 6lb sledgehammer to the hard drive. Yep…the hard drive is smashed and the program on that hard drive is irretrievable BUT the driver is out there on the net. That driver is just hanging around ready to be loaded into another hard drive.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote