View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #243
Light and Fight
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The United States of the Solar System

Orthodoxymoron,
I think a possible future system for governance of the solar system will be based on a completely different emotional reality than what we have today. I really like the ideas behind the US constitution. There are of course also other cultures and political systems to learn from. Some of the most interesting cultures I know of were the American Indians. What we today call “primitive societies” have no or little of the problems “modern societies” have. No prisons, very little crime, no financial slavery, no mental illnesses, zero pollution, no need for social welfare, etc. I´m not arguing that we should go back to “primitive societies”, but I am convinced that we have lost so much of our spiritual and emotional wealth becoming a technological civilization. Today we have lot´s of gadgets but little wisdom. Large, technocratic systems for distribution of control and power depersonalizes, makes us small and insignificant. We are absolutely not small or insignificant. I don’t have the answers, but I see the challenges and I feel that tomorrow’s governance will be based on trust, intuition, emotional awareness and a much better understanding of who we really are.
Light and Fight is offline   Reply With Quote