View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #77
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The United States of the Solar System

I've always had a problem with competition. I'm really not very competitive. Add the mixed messages in Christianity regarding competition...and I've turned out to be one very confused dude. My attempted resolution is to dump most of Christianity...and to focus on the core principle of Responsible Freedom...which includes Constructive Competition and Positive Response Ability. I wish I had done this a long time ago.

There are a lot of artists who work at jobs which pay their rent...and then they follow their passion...whether they get paid for it or not. I play my keyboard (set to pipe-organ) at least 45 minutes a day. I don't want to work for a church at this point (mostly because of church politics and theological issues)...so instead of playing a $300,000 pipe-organ...I get to play a $300 keyboard. I improvise...and play the way I want to play. I have listened to...taken lessons from...and talked to some of the best in the business...but I have the most fun doing it my way. I still want to hear Lucifer improvise at Saint Sulpice in Paris...after this Solar System mess gets cleaned up. I'm very serious about this. This isn't a sarcastic joke.

Try watching Bloomberg or CNBC...and try reading the Wall Street Journal. Seriously. This can help to provide a better perspective on money and commerce. Starving artists should not be anti-capitalist. This could help to explain why they are starving. Seriously. But I do agree that when someone makes 3 billion dollars in one year in the market...that is obscene...especially if they don't pump most of this money into worthy charities.

Regarding governance...I am pro-minimalism and anti-corruption...but a certain amount of organization is necessary to pull this off.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 12-01-2009 at 10:27 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote