View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #22
Johnno

Default The hurdles of a safe space...

The Hurdles of Safe Space
I'm assuming that many of you are wondering what to do and how to go about finding a safe space to survive the possible calamities that may happen in the very near future. I ponder this every day, and without being too overly cynical, the options, unfortunately don't look too favorable.
Here are just some examples of the hurdles involved:

(1) The need for a plot of land and/or property of the ideal safe space location
Who amongst us could afford to purchase a plot of land and/or property??? I know I could never afford this, and I suspect most of you would be in the same boat. So what can we do???
We need to band together, form a committee and pool our resources. We would need to meet on a fairly regular basis to organize the best options for the survival of all members and their families.

(2) Where would be the IDEAL safe space location???
As sirdiablo69 has already pointed out: "l must say that although mt macedon ids convieniant so far as proximity its also extremely close to suburban melbourne, which unfortunately means that in time of food shortages etc there will be large numbers of melbournians seaching quick alternatives to residential melbournes lack of resorces therfore l believe mt macedon would in effect be to close to and subject to maraudinf elements that could nay would be very needy and most inhospitable with regards wanting/ taking from any reserves we may have of food liveststock etc".
He is 100% correct on this point. Unfortunately Mount Macedon is too close to a major population center. So where else???
Country Victoria would probably be the best alternative. Aussie Babe and her hubby seem to be in an ideal location. Population isn't too high. It may not be mountainous, but its probably far enough away and high enough above sea level to be a safe spot in case of tidal waves.
Someone has already suggested the Snowy Mountains. What about in and around the ski resorts: Falls Creek, Threadbo etc.???

(3) If you do have a safe space to go to, when do you move in???
If your retired and well off, then you could probably go now. But if you work for a living, you can't just move in and still be expected to go to work every day. Especially if the safe space is very far away.

All of the above questions need to be answered and alternatives nutted out. I've only given a couple of examples, there are heaps more questions that need to be resolved, but just one person cannot be expected to solve them on his or her own. We need to get our heads together and overcome these issues if we are to have a higher probability of survival when the s--t hits the fan.
Anyone who is interested in forming a committee to overcome the logistics of a safe space, then please let me know in this thread. BUT, you MUST be committed. No half arsed wanting to help. Its all or nothing. Sorry to be blunt, but possible lives could be at stake here.
Take care all and I look forward to your votes of confidence.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter

P.S. If you have any comments, views or criticisms, then please post them here.

Last edited by Johnno; 09-22-2008 at 02:30 AM.