View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #22
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: Why you shouldn't leave Avalon!

Please - let's work together instead of being splintered in a million directions.

I used to be the lead mod in a Yahoo! group with over 4,000 members, called indigo-adults. Being a mod in a large group can really suck !!! The things we were accused of - the greatest evil in your wildest dreams, the biggest conspiracy, the most vile censors, we were that! If we kept a level head and carefully explained we could help people work through their fears and see our true intent. Someone in another thread mentioned this tool:
The Center for Nonviolent CommunicationGlobal organization - helping people compassionately connect with one another through Nonviolent Communication, a process created by Marshall B Rosenberg, ...
www.cnvc.org/

I believe the mod team here is just like the one I helped with. We were just 5 or 6 random people who were willing to volunteer our time (and a lot of it) so that the group could exist for the benefit of all and NOT burn up in word flame wars over the few that want to pour jet fuel on a tiny spark of disagreement.

One thing I discovered a long time ago is that people often do not read carefully and grossly misinterpret what others are saying. Some people are triggered (because of their personal history) by some word and they fly off on unbelievable tangents.

Some people are truly mentally unstable and see things or plots where they do not exist. A little know fact is that almost all mental illness, criminality, and addictions can be cured with a personally tailored nutritiional supplement program. http://alternativementalhealth.com/ . In my vision of the future people would be tested for these inborn errors in metabolism and would be freely given the foods and supplements to correct the problem at the core level.

My X who felt massively abused as a child read all kinds of wild motives and intents into the events of his life. So I learned to ask questions of others. Did you mean this or that when whatever happened. 100% of the time the answer was "no."

Here are some videos about non-violent communication:
http://tinyurl.com/5n33qn

And finally, since this issue of having motives and intents wrongly interpreted is a rather highly charged one for me, I've gone through this posting and removed the most highly charged language. I write it first to get it out and then I try to put myself in the shoes of the readers and remove the firecrackers.

Love is who we are ...

Last edited by Karen; 11-09-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote