View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #29
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: Personal attacks

As a personal reflexion " It is not until you have been challenged with despise , misunderstanding and rejection that you come to know what staying grounded in your heart , forgiveness and compassion really means " .
I 've read a book once about a monk in tibet who was captured and tortured for month by the Chinese army . What really striked and impressed me in her attitude was the equanimity she managed to keep all along and not at any given moment having responded to hatred by hatred .
If people who have undergone such cruelty and hardship can behave like this there is a lot we can learn in our daily human relations where the challenges we get are so much milder.
It takes great mastery of self to avoid a stimulus response based reaction ..to keep one's temper in check and to act with clarity of heart.
I understand some people are more of a " warrior " type . This is fine but then also I believe it should contained within the bounderies of a code of honor and decency towards our fellow human beings.
Arguments should not to started with the intention to kill each others head off but always been directed as bringing Light.

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote