View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 04:08 AM   #17
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Taking action to change our reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
What I’m proposing it’s a quiet, honest and effective revolution in which each one of us can participate without disrupting our daily lives. Every time there’s an issue we want to change or we disagree upon, just let the government know what we want in a very organized way and as a group; what i mean is that is not like each one of us is doing it by him/herself but as a whole, MILLIONS of us at the same time as a whole.
Law makers are doing exactly that (making laws) every day but we don’t participate in any way so why don’t we let them know what direction we would like them to go?
Writing letters seems very naïve but to my knowledge, in this country many times laws were changed or made because a lot of people were asking for it. It works.
I get very frustrated when I see so many things changing and not for good but for worse and people everywhere are in a state of total blindness and ignorance. I’ve tried to talk to people close to me about what’s happening in the world and they just don’t see it and don’t care, the problem is so big that is hard to believe it even exists.
Everybody says that now that we have a new president the economy is getting fixed even if it takes a few years so we are all right. Unfortunately economy is not the only issue on the table but even if it was the system needs to be changed, most of the population in the world is getting poorer and poorer.
My opinion about the problem of foreclosures is that the solution is not giving more money to the banks or financial institutions, perhaps giving the billions to a new organization that buys the houses in foreclosure and financing them to the actual owners in different and more just terms, that way people can pay for their homes and the banks get their money instead of just giving the money directly to the banks and letting people screwed up.
Another way to participate is cutting support to companies and institutions, any person, agency, company, group, etc, who is not working for the people’s good should be denounced publicly. Of course this would be done very effectively when everybody is completely awake and aware that together WE ARE EXTREMELY POWERFUL.
Thank you all.
It could work if we got some airtime. set a date. get organized. education to the masses is also a good thing. information. I was thinking of mailers. with web sites ect. we could use ancient symbols to make them wake up.

by the way. have you run this by your family and friends.

Last edited by dagon; 01-22-2009 at 04:11 AM.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote