View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 04:24 AM   #16
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: My Vision of WWIII's Beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikill View Post
Putin innocent?I remember back at the start of the balkan conflict.People were trying to tell me that the serbs were just defending themselves...blah blah...now i have bosnian war refugees all over my hometown.Count the body bags and you'll get to the truth.Stalin wasn't a good guy because he helped defeat Hitler.In fact, if you want to look into putins dealings...go look into that former spy he poisoned to death,he's killed multiple journalists...many whom critisized him.He just killed the owner of a website in russia that regularly critisizes him.I think that's a pretty good pattern of aggresion.Regardless of your feelings on Georgia, you can find many instances of putin being downright evil.Even if your all right on the money about georgia, it does not wash putins hands of multiple decades of nefarious actions.We ARE talking KGB here people.Stop being naive.A majority of media outlets around the world want to make the US look as bad as possible right now while we are weak.Take that into account before you start quoting media sources.
When I wrote my post above, you can see that I expressed I was not defending anybody, which includes Putin, as well. You may very well be right about all the things you say Putin has done. The FOCUS in my post, however, was just on the Georgian-Russian conflict. It was a response to your last sentence that was quoted in my last post. When it comes to the Georgian-Russian conflict, I cannot give objective truth because I, myself, was not there in person where this warfare between opposing forces took place. I, personally, was not their to see who attacked who first or who helped who. I can only give my subjective truth, which comes from my own research of this conflict between Georgia and Russia. You say that "A majority of media outlets around the world want to make the US look as bad as possible", but the American media is not too forthcoming, either, when it comes to letting the public know what is actually going on behind the scenes. That is why, I said in my last post that sifting the truth from the false is not that easy. The media source I attached to my last post had 1st hand accounts, which is why I thought it MIGHT just help shed SOME/A LITTLE light into what really happened in South Ossetia as well as what role Russia had in this whole conflict. I do not think that I or anybody in this forum show an excessively simple and trusting view of the world. After all, aren't we all members of this forum? Lastly, I would like to apologize to the person who created this thread for going off topic.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote