View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #17
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Greys, Abductions, Hybridisation and now they are moving into a community near yo

What about the concept that most things are true...and most things are BS...simultaneously? That I can read the Bible...claiming that it contains profound historical, ethical, spiritual, and theological truth...and simultaneously claiming that it is mostly BS? I believe this to be the case. I think the believers and the atheists are the most deluded people on Earth. I think the agnostics are the closest to the truth. I sort of like the image of a highly educated Anglican Agnostic...who teaches at Oxford or Cambridge...who regularly attends services at Westminster Abbey...who generally disbelieves the Bible and Christian theology...yet who privately studies the subjects we discuss in Avalon...and who knows there really are things that go bump in the night. I doubt historic theology. I doubt new age dogma. My specialty is beating about on the rocks of infidelity. There is a compelling reason why I call myself orthodoxymoron. I don't go to church anymore...but I'm thinking about going back. I like the conservative Pat Buchannan (even if he is a Knight of Malta)...who is a paleoconservative and is a fan of the Latin Mass. I liked Pope John Paul I. I liked Bishop Fulton Sheen. I liked Father Malachi Martin. But I've never been a Roman Catholic...and HUGE changes and reforms would have to occur before I would join. Having said that...I think that top level Jesuits know more about what's really going on in the universe than 99.9% of humanity. That doesn't mean that they're doing the right thing. But I really think they know what the hell is going on. But they're not talking. I think that one has to be willing to go to hell and back again...thinking about and reconsidering everything...over and over and over again. I sense the truth...but I don't know the truth. In a public in-person debate...I would be completely destroyed. I'm not a quick thinker at all. But I do think that a lot of what I have posted in Avalon is getting close to the truth...but that people much brighter and braver than I will have to be the ones who really nail down in public...what's really going on.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 03-25-2010 at 08:04 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote