View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #21
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The GFL says we must prepare to board the ships....

It's my understanding that there do exist intergalactic federations. But surely, hyper-intelligent beings would be very shrewd in their choice of any ambassadors or spokespersons. Said spokespersons, surely, must not look or sound or seem silly or idiotic.

At the very least, I believe all pronouncements from a genuine spokesperson would have to always include very original material. Or a very original style, that's clearly the work of genius. It also wouldn't rely on our "faith" at all, because that would be going back to the same type of enslavement as the traditional religions. The exercise is supposed to be about freeing us from such enslavement. And faith was one of the most central and primary tools of enslavement. (Faith is simply uncritical and uninformed blind belief and obedience.)

Another minimum requirement for me is that any such pronouncement has to include factual details which would eventually become verified after a short time, but which seem highly improbable when stated. Or amazingly advanced technology.
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote