View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #71
undetected
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: CHRISTIANITY and avalon : a question from clark

Quote:
Yahweh's name was mentioned in the scriptures almost 7,000 times. That makes His name more important than anyone can conceive.
That's utter garbage and has zero percent of logic in it. George Bush also mentioned "war on terror" about 7,000 times. Just because I say something many times, doesn't make it important. Not talking about the fact that there were people living BEFORE the bible was written and they were doing fine without knowing god's first name.

Quote:
Please read the "evil" post again until you understand what darkness means. I explained with a lot of metaphors in that post.
Well I was curious about your definition of evil. You explained evil as following of darkness, so I asked what you mean by darkness, and you point me back to evil. Anyway, doesn't matter, I've had too many talks with bible freaks in my life and it leads nowhere else than to destruction of any logic.

Quote:
Our own ways begat a world of corruption, death, and destruction. That is the world we are living in today. So, Yahweh had to destroy people time and time again to...guess what? Start over
He "had to destroy"? Who told him so? He creates something, lets it act on its own, it doesn't work out the way he'd like it, so he slaughters everyone. You have a free will but if you don't do what I tell you, I kill you. How is that a free will? JHVH is a terrorist.

OK, I'm out of here.

Note to self: Don't click on threads about christianity!
undetected is offline   Reply With Quote