View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #18
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Surge Protectors Worldwide for the Electrical Power Grid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lipschitz View Post
Thanks for the info Steven! Good to know.

But if there is a global EMP event due to CME, isn't it likely that there is going to be much much bigger problems than saving your hard drive?
Hehe. It depends of the magnitude of the CME, it happens frequently and its totally natural. Some whistleblowers like Henry Deacon, Bill Deagle or Dan Burisch have mentioned its possibility to have a "greater than usual hit" from the sun. I think it might be true, who knows... Now, if it happen, what would be the scale (magnitude) of the wave? Who can predict that? In a case of a large Coronal mass ejection, I think chances are very high that it will not burn the surface of the planet. Sure that everything is possible, but my common sens tells me that its falling into paranoia to expect such a catastrophe.

That's why I think it is better to be prepared for a hit, but not expecting the end of Life on Earth because the sun went crazy. If you follow the logic of some people saying the transformers coils will burn, than it means many, many things will heat up and burns, inclusively our body since it is made of 80% water (just like being into the microwave).

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 01-22-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote