View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #89
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Devon and Cornwall people!!

Hi Leeboy, welcome to D & C !

Rhythm - you managed to get that picture on your avatar after all ... neat

I agree with what you say Leeboy... that we must keep a positive attitude. In fact a few weeks ago, I was thinking along the lines that you mention... water... grouping together, working out how to survive...

But lately I've been changing my mind about that a bit. I think that there are some 'holes' in the survival logic (imo) and it's just something I'm weighing up right now. But it seems to me, that as far as one goes to be 'prepared' in that post apocalyptic scenario, there's a step further that someone else can go that puts one's plans to nothing.

For example, you grow your own veggies on dartmoor.... someone comes and finds them and pinches them. So you set a patrol ? someone comes and nobbles the patrol ? Anything you own, you then have to protect from those that don't own it and maybe looking for it.

So maybe the real (r)evolution for me is when it gradually dawns on everyone that we're all in this (planet) together... and actually the only way forward is for people to see that everyone needs help, or at least our core values need to change for all . And that is the sticking point for me with 'survival', because it seems largely concerned with the individual or an individual group. (yes.. I've thought too about hiding out with others till 'the worst is over' but that's a future that gives in to fear too... )

The difficulty theoretically for me with that scenario is that you end up 'preserving' a section of the population who's core values are in fact not much different from the society they then go on to replace. See what I mean? Even if they are more enlightened, if they are thinking, if we got to think even for a second 'sc*w everyone else who ain't prepared'...then we're no different..and we'll ultimately just have a new elite group before too long, with probably even more barbaric rules.

I don't know this site that well, but I'm guessing from what I've seen that this is a line that roughly divides two schools of thought. The lets get prepared and the lets wake everybody up. Ok, maybe I'm not clever enough to paraphrase what this site is about.. but maybe you get my drift.

No kidding, I bought a fishing line and some hooks...got some matches, got a nice pair of walking boots (If I got nothing else from October 7th ). But I also started thinking too, as you've written...

"Unfortunately we may all have to become people we dont like in order to get through this and survive." - Or in my case... there's a lot of stuff I'm going to have to do... or my life is going to become miserable... and I'm going to have to exist while people are in a whole lot of trouble... but I'll be alright...

And then I started thinking... 'but then I wouldn't be me anymore.'. I've lived my life so far always considering others, and if someone else is in pain or hurt (even emotionally) then I feel that dissonance. (god help me then when everyone's running round like in Debenhams on Boxing Day )

And I thought... hang on... is this my fear of what could happen to me talking?. There is no need to be afraid in life - unless it's actually happening to me right now. In which case my natural instincts will kick in. Run, jump, fight, or go see a movie.

Being afraid can also become a way of life, and I now notice with reading a lot on this subject of all the evil plans that are possibly out there against me, that that's exactly what had started to happen for me.

So now I'm swinging back the other way. towards trust and faith. Faith in us, that is everyone, faith in those who are waking up sooner than some others, faith in the planet, faith in 'the force' or whatever you will.

Maybe I'll be one of the first swept out with the tide .

But I think the work of connection here with like and unlike minds is the real important work, of discussion and understanding of point of view.. and yes... meeting people for real too.

Here at D&C it's a very interesting time ! (btw who said 'may you live in interesting times' ? - looks like we got our wish !)

look forward to getting to know you all, new arrivals and old posters alike...

peace n love

K

P.S. can I plug my thread on fear in the spirituality section ?? (which was a turning point for me... ) http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5475

It's not half as popular as

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3594

P.P.S Sorry about the inordinately long post (doesn't he just go on.. and on... and on.... ????). But perhaps like some of you, I'm new to all of this and finding my way as I go. I'll get snappier, promise !

Last edited by Kulapops; 10-20-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote