View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #116
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: paid subscription??...i'm outa here!

Just to let those know, it seems that my presence is greatly desired here so regardless of what happens, my membership has been vouched for by several individuals. Thank you for your gifts and also helping Project Avalon. It seems I will be having a website going up rather shortly with my work and writings.

However, I want people to understand the 'principle' at hand like Zorgan has stated along with historycircus. I also want people to critically think about this as this a major MAJOR philosophical idea that people need to try and wrap their minds around. As you may know, the three of us are active posters on Avalon, and are considered by many to be great assets in terms of the insight we contribute [and I say that out of truth, not modesty]. So, I hope that with that notion, you really try to grasp why the three of us have this position and that it is not based on some 'freeloader' mentality.

Principal first is a huge thing. It comes down to honor and belief. Relate to the movie Braveheart where Mel Gibson is breathing his last breaths in the end of the movie. It seems like the logical thing to do was to 'give in' and renounce your beliefs to save your life. However, he goes to his death with his beliefs. This scene is one of the defining moments in all of Hollywood of the true meaning of honor.

Technically, if we give in to paying a fee, we are indeed renouncing our honor, our beliefs. Through my experience in life, many people have a hard time fully grasping this concept. It relates again to a Chinese proverb I recently used on Avalon, "To know and not to do, is not to know." These concepts are at the core of philosophical understanding. Some of you may indeed grasp the concept of honor, but do you live by it [being that you choose to even recognize it as something of a positive nature versus impractical and foolish as many seem to see].

If one is able to grasp the concept that at the core of this universe is consciousness while hard matter is all but an illusion, then it is behavior that matters over material actions. Connect that notion with honor and survival now.

A 'true' philosopher realizes the reality of ownership and knowledge in that there is no concrete connection between the two. When one applies such a restraint, especially in the terms of knowledge that is being presented that relates to these specific concepts, in my opinion is rather hypocritical.

Bill and Kerry if you read this, I by no means mean to offend or disrespect you but am discussing this from a purely philosophical position. Namaste.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote