Thread: Questions?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #311
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntruthseeker View Post
I have to say that , Any person setting up a forum can read others PMs, I have seen it happened. My sister is a programmer and I know Anchor is one also, She says its possible, my old boss proved it was so.

Gareth, maybe you do not have the authority but thats not to say its not possible.

One thing that I am hearing is that LionHawk says that was done but I dont think that was the message..............I think he said the information was put out there / shared with others

That to me is pathetic and why would he lie ? He is way above that
I stand accussed ?

I can tell you that during my time as administrator there was no additional software installed on this site that would permit anyone to read private mails. Yes it is possible. It is not easy - it requires extra software to be installed (a vBulletin addin). Only administrators with actual host server access can do it.

If it was done that way no one would have known about it because it would not leave any logs nor evidence of anyone logging in. The thing that Brook observed may well have been someone trying to log in as Lionhawk and getting the error message. I dont know. The forum security is good. If everyone has a good password, thier accounts and private mails are safe.

AJ..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote