View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Default Open Offer to Communities - Electrical and Photo Support

Community Electrical Photojournalism Roadtrip Plans

Greetings to all my long lost friends, it is most enjoyable for me to come home to you all.

The past radiant week on Avalon has convinced me to commence a Community Roadtrip across the US (CRUS - smiles!). If this is a success, perhaps I'll try this across Europe also ...

I would like to offer the following to any communities, and then organize my trip, based upon the responses. If you are in contact with community members not present on Avalon, I encourage you to extend this offer to them.
1) Electrical Engineering Skills - I want to get in the trenches and work with communities installing solar and wind energy systems, documenting the processes, the best practices and the results. I can also provide building permit support, help in creating or interpreting plans and specifications and assist in mechanical, electrical and piping coordination efforts.

2) I want to visit a variety of the dynamic evolving communities each for a brief visit and blog the written and photographic results as a service to all folks contemplating this path for themselves.

3) I will provide digital images and hardcopy prints to any communities wanting these materials for website or other distribution purposes.

4) I want to make a modest fiscal contribution to each community I visit as an appreciative exchange for the experiences shared and to support their endeavors.

5) I want to network with the evolving souls in the trenches of establishing new paths.
My target departure from the encroaching winter in Michigan is October and my duration is unknown.

For any interested communities, please send me a direct e-mail to (( TheBloggingCommunityBard@gmail.com )) and include location / current number of residents, web links, e-mails and a contact name and phone number.

To pull this trip off without un-required baggage, I will be giving most of my possessions away to lighten my ties, so if there is any community local to Michigan that would like a very nice set of tools and tool chests, as a gift, please contact me.

For anyone interested in accompanying me on some or all of this adventure, please get in touch and we'll see if we'd be compatible roadies ... I can cover all the road transportation costs with reliability, with any accompanying me totally responsible for themselves beyond that.

The only thing I envision which might delay my commencement would be to receive some new employment consulting project, and that doesn't appear likely given the construction industry and current economic environment in Michigan.

I look forward to the new network I intend to establish and any services I may provide to these communities.

To find out more about me, please read my general posts and the entries in the Prose and Poetry public group, I'm laid bare in these.

Namaste,

Jim

Last edited by Zynox; 09-18-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Zynox is offline   Reply With Quote